Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I am a very big internet user. I use the internet for basically everything from homework to communication to entertainment. I am on my computer all the time, probably too much. I am mostly a consumer in my use of the internet, but I have posted some things. I would not consider myself a creator of internet content. I have a made a YouTube video, written some fan fiction, and various posts/comments but not a lot. My biggest internet content creation is probably the fan fiction I wrote over the summer. I was really surprised that people actually read it. This helped me to improve my productive skills of writing which tied in literary and ITC skills. The internet also helps to improve communication skills, because I use many social networking sites. My internet use also includes receptive skills because I read a lot to learn and do homework. The internet is the first place I turn to get help on homework . I use the internet a lot for information and entertainment. I watch a lot of videos and television on the computer. The internet allows me to have access things that I would not be able to any other way.
Literacy and ITC skills are linked to each other. Using the internet allows you to gain and improve literary skills. All of the skills that I mentioned above are also literacy skills as well their ITC components. Computers teach new ways to use skills outside of normal context. Literacy and ITC work together. They add to each other but without literacy abilities ITC could not be used properly. The internet can use many types of literacy and communication skills to get a message across. Because ITC helps people spread these messages in a social context it is very similar to literacy.



No comments:

Post a Comment