Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weblog 1: Class Survey

Personal information
1. Name, hometown, primary email.
Margaret McNicholas
Girard,OH
M.McNicholas@aol.com 
2. What name do you prefer to be called, nick name, etc.?
Meagan
3. Please insert a picture of yourself in the profile of your new blog.
4. What are you into; what makes you special? Share a few “unique” aspects about yourself that would help our classroom community get to know you a bit.
I’m a molecular biology major and hope to go to med school to become a doctor. I want to work with kids. I played soccer and bowled in high school. I like volunteering and want to do service at JCU. I watch way too much tv. My favorite shows are Castle and Grey’s Anatomy. I worked as a secret shopper this summer with my mom. We went to a ton of stores, and they paid us to buy things and report on the employees.

Learning Style and more: 
5. Being as specific as you can, what must be in place for you to feel comfortable taking intellectual and creative risks in a classroom?
I am most comfortable voicing my opinions in class in a small setting. Our class isn’t very big, so that will help me. I am usually pretty good at speaking up in class. I will get more confident as the semester goes on, and I get to know everyone better.

Technology Section
6. What do you believe was the most important technological invention in history? Why? 
The internet, it revolutionized the way people talk to each other and find information. It is now possible for people to communicate with others from all over the world in a fast and inexpensive way.
7. Please list a the number of technologies you currently believe to be essential to your life.
Laptop/internet
iPhone
iPad
Tv
8. Briefly describe your experience working with 1. computers, 2. digital media, and 3. social media and then rate your technical proficiency on a scale of 10 (I invented Facebook) to 1 (what are you talking about). 
1. 8, I use computers a lot and would say I’m  good with them. 2. 7, I use a lot of different programs and devices. I’m pretty good at working with media files and I’ve made movies on the computer before. 3. 7, I use Facebook and twitter. I don’t go on Facebook too much anymore, but I’m still good with it. I use twitter a ton. I’m on YouTube all the time. I have never made a blog before.
About Dr. Shutkin: 
9. Write down two or three questions you would like to ask me about myself or the class.
What other classses do you teach?
Why did you want to teach this class?

No comments:

Post a Comment